Sunday, April 25, 2010

Thai Style Kang Kong

I fell in love with thai style fried kang kong when I visited Bangkok for the very 1st time few years back. It was an incentive trip organised by my ex company.

After we checked in, we went for lunch at a thai restaurant across the street. The small restaurant serve delicious thai dishes. We ordered a small serving of thai style kang kong and got addicited to it. We couldn't help it and ordered the 2nd serving.

In order to recap the taste of thai, I decided to fry some thai style kang kong for dinner.

Ingredients;
1 bunch kang kong
1 tsp bean paste
1/2 tsp chili paste
1 clove garlic, minced
1 chili padi, chopped
1 small green chili, chopped
1 tbsp fish sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
Oil for frying

Method;
-Separate leaves and stem of kang kong, cut stem into 3 cm length.
-Fry garlic and chili in oil till fragraant, add bean paste and chili paste.
-Toss in kang kong stem and fry for 2 mins.
-Add kang kong leaves, fish sauce and sugar.
-Fry till done & serve.
-Enjoy!

A flavour of thai cooking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya!

I'm just learning to cook simple stir-fried Asian dishes and chanced upon your blog. I just want to ask what is bean paste? I've googled it and I got a few different results but my guess is tao cho? Just to be sure... :)

Ekina said...

Hello...
Yup, its tau cheow. u can find them in either paste form or in bean form :)
Happy cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...