Sunday, October 4, 2009

Yam Bee Hoon Soup

Woah....rice vermicelli with yam is another of my childhood food. I was 6 years old den. During those time, watever i wanna eat or being tempted to eat, i won't request until being offered. I'm not like other kids who will make a scence in public until their parents give in & fulfil their request.

I was at granny's house & my 2nd uncle was helping himself with big mouthful of yam bee hoon. While sitting in the living room, i was being tempted to the kitchen by the "fragrance". Uncle offered mi some bee hoon. Bing shy, i juz say "no thank you" but deep in my heart i was like "smells great, feels like eating"
I told mum about the yam bee hoon when i reached hm. Who noes, for the next 3 days, i had bee hoon soup with yam for lunch. haha....

As it was during mid authum period, mini yams are in the season & can be purchase easily. Mum bought a big bag of mini yam yesterday, i suggest cooking yam bee hoon to bring back my childhood memories. =P

Ingredients;
1 handful of rice vermicelli, thick
2 mini yam, sliced
15g dried shrimp
Some lean meat, sliced
Some lettuce
Boiling water
Pinch of salt
1 tsp oil

Garnishes;
1/2 tsp tianjin preserved cabbage
Fried shallots
Fried ikan bilis

Method,
-Bring water to boil, add dried shrimp.
-5 mins later, add yam & bring to boil.
-Add rice vermicelli, oil & salt.
-Stir in lean meat, off heat when meat slices cooked.
-Top with lettuce, mix well.
-Serve with garnishes.
-Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...