Wednesday, March 16, 2011

卤味糙米粥

I been wanting to try brown rice porridge since ages ago but always dun have the courage to. I've seen hawkers selling and dunno how to go about placing my order. Wondering will be be plain as it is or must order other dishes to go with etc... and it is not cheap ya. $2 for a bowl of plain brown rice with nothing.
Chey! I might as well cook my own right? I'm back to eating brown rice again cuz i've put on some pounds after the Chinese New Year and can't seem to shed them off!

Ingredients;
1 cup cooked brown rice
Soup broth
Pinch of salt
Vegetable oil

Garnishes;
Chopped scallion
Meat gravy

Method;
-Bring soup broth to boil, add oil & brown rice. Boil for at least 15mins.
-Season with taste.
-Garnish and serve with some braised meat and egg.
-Enjoy!

*The rice grains won't break and turns chalky to congee texture as there's no starch in the rice.

Here's my brown rice dinner last nite. Looks good isn't it?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...