Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Ekina's Brown Rice Bibimbap

Yummy~licious! I'm enjoying my bibimbap lunch while I blog. Haha... posting and eating at the same time?! Yes, cuz i brough it to office as my bento lunch. seems like i'm getting the kick of bring bentos to office.
I've always love bibimbap and we would always eat from the korean eatery near our office during lunch and i feels that in order to have the taste of Korean bibimbap, the essence lies in their Gochujang. I decided to make something with a twist. Actually this is considered a healthy dish as most of the ingredients are blanched. Therefore, my version will use browb rice and my own special home-made chili sauce.

Ingredients;
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 baby carrot, blanced
A handful beansprouts, blanched
A handful endvies, lightly fry in garlic and oil
Some stir fry seasoned pork strips
Some sambal (hei bee hiam)
Special spicy sauce (for mixing the rice)
Some roasted sesame seeds

Method;
-Assemble the bibimbap by placing brown rice in a serving bowl.
-Lay all the ingredients on top of the rice.
-Drizzle sauce over, mix well & serve.

Here's how it looks after mixing. Yummy! Actually i should have prepared an egg to go with & it will look much better. Oh well, forget it, cuz I'm cutting down on egg intake. I limit myself to 2 eggs per week. haha....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...