Friday, September 19, 2008

Lotus Roots with Spare-ribs Soup

Its soup craze time!Lotus roots is my all time favourite.Especially when its cooked as soup with spare-ribs. Stir fry with grrens & peas isn;t bad as well.

I been eating lotus roots soup like 3 days in a row.I been buying from herbal soup stall near my work place & its very salty. Contains lots of msg, after drinking their soup i felt so thirsty.
We decided to try out our new slow cooker & my mum cooked my favourite lotus roots spare-ribs soup.

Ingredients;
600g-800g spare-ribs
1 section lotus roots
1 carrot
12 red dates
6 glove garlic
Boiling water
Salt to taste

Method;
-Wash & clean spare-ribs.
-Remove soil & scrape clean lotus, cut into slices
-Cut carrot into thick slices
-Wash & clean garlic, do not remove skin
-Bring a pot of water to boil
-Add boiling water to the slow cooker, set mode on high auto.
-When boiling water high boils, add spare-ribs & red dates
-Add in garlic, thick carrot slices & lotus roots after 20 mins
-Let soup slow cook for about 1 hr, add salt to taste
-Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...