Sunday, June 7, 2009

红烧扣肉

扣肉包 was my latest craze.I dun normally eat these fatty sinful stuff but dunno how come been craving for days.
Those which i purchased from the coffeeshops were either too salty or too tough.Hmm...not up to my expectations ba. haha....

I decided to make make my own version of 扣肉包, the lazy version whereby i can juz sandwich the meat in between the lotus leaf buns. I ever made the lotus leaf bun from scratch, but that was long long ago. Want a quick & fast way to satisfy my crave, i bought some frozen lotus leaf buns from the supermarket.

Ingredients;
500g pork belly
1 cinnamon stick
2 star anis
Thick Dark soy sauce
Rock sugar
Pinch of salt
Water
3 clove garlic
100ml 7-up
Ginger slices
Lotus leaf buns
Corriander leaves

Method;
-Cut pork belly into thick slices.
-Bring water to boil, add ginger slices & pork belly.
-Boil meat on medium low heat for 15-20mins till soft.
-Drained & discard water.
-Lightly hit garlic with sides of chopper, leave the skin intact.
-Place pork belly,dark soy sauce, cinnamon stick, star anis, garlic, rock sugar & salt into pot.
-Add enough water to pot till it covers pork belly.
-Bring to boil, let it simmer over low heat for 35mins.
-Add 7-up & simmer for another 10mins.
-Serve with steamed buns & corriander leaves.
-Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...