Sunday, June 12, 2011

Vegetarian Claypot Tofu

I been wanting to cook this dish since last week and I still remembers the very time i ate this dish was when I was in primary school. That was the very 1st time dad took me out for zhu chao and he specially ordered claypot tofu and assure me that I would love it. True enough, i fell in love with it. This time round, i cooked a vegetarian version.

Ingredients;
2 tube of egg tofu, cut into thick slices
1 small forest cauliflower
Some holland peas
Carrot slices
Black fungus, soaked and drained
Celery, wedged
Chili, strips
Onion, wedged
Mushrooms, sliced
Oyster sauce
Chicken stock
Thickening agent
Salt
Oil for deep frying

Method;
-Deep fry tofu till brown and crispy, drained.
-Fry mushrooms with little oil till fragrant, add onions and carrots.
-Toss in the remaining ingredients.
-Add stock and seasoning, bring to boil.
-Thicken with thickening agent and serve.
-Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...