Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Yong Tau Foo With Special Gravy

Yong Tau Foo... Yong Tau Foo... Yong Tau Foo... The name of this dish was heard more than once everyday. Y? Cuz my colleague is on a diet and she eats yong tau foo soup everyday during lunch. Scary? yes, and it is everyday and this has been going on for 2 weeks.

I would crave for it occassionally and these 2 days, i have the feel. Since i had to work till late and wouldn't have ample time to stuff my own yong tau foo, decided to drop by the supermarket to purchased those ready made ones to satisfy my crave. I only need to prepare my own special sauce. :-P

Ingredients;
1 pack of yong tau foo
Some meatballs
2 leaves of lettuce
Fried shallots
Roasted white sesame

Sauce;
3/4 tsp hoisin sauce
1/4 tsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp homemade chili paste
1/2 tsp chili oil
1/2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp braised sauce (卤汁)
1 tbsp water

Method;
-Simply boil yong tau foo in hot boiling water till cooked.
-Off heat and add in lettuce, let lettuce soak for 30 seconds.
-Drained immediately and place on serving plate.
-Bring sauce ingredients to boil over low heat, till gravy slightly thickens.
-Drizzle over yong tau foo , sprinkle fried shallots and roasted sesame seeds.
-Serve & Enjoy!

Here's my dinner for tonight! Simply yummy~licious!
It's been quite a while since i last snap and post a pic of food which i prepared. I better squeese out more time to cook those food on my "To Cook List" haha....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...