Saturday, January 29, 2011

Buttered Pumpkin With Nestum

No one in my family eats pumpkin and my dad hates it. To him its nothing special but sweet and starchy. Hey, I'm gonna make everyone in my family love it just like i do. haha...Yes, we shall see after tonight's dinner ya!

Ingredients;
Pumpkin slices
Batter
Curry leaves
1 tbsp unsalted butter
Pinch of salt
3 tbsp nestum
Oil for deep frying

Method;
-Cut pumpkin into thin slices, dip into flour batter and deep fried in hot oil till golden brown. Drained.
-On a greased wok, fry curry leaves till fragrant and add butter to melt.
-Toss in nestum, fry till lightly brown.
-Add crispy pumpkin and season with salt.
-Toss well and serve.
-Enjoy!

I'm quite surprise that mum love this dish. She been singing praises about how crispy and fragrant the pumpkins are and they are just the right taste for her. Oh well, Mum is never a fan of pumpkin.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...