Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fried Carrot Cake (Char Kway)

I'm not scheduled to go into office today, hmmm... wat a rare saturday for me. Guess wat's for breakfast? i cooked char kway for my family.
Too bad dad went to office early this morning, he didn't have a chance to eat my 2nd attempt of char kway.Hopefully, better luck next time. haha....

Adam,mum & Jesper had white carrot cake for breakfast as they prefers the crispyness of the egg.
However, i beg to differ. Black carrot cake has its own unique taste & style which taste completely different to the whites.
Other the the slight saltyness of the cai po, it oso has the fragrant sweetness of the sweet dark sauce.Hmm.... yummy!

When i was a child, my mum would buy black char kway from the market for me. brings back childhood memories ya! haha...


Steamed carrot cake ingredients;
200g rice flour, sifted

480ml water

1/2 tsp salt

1 tbsp water

5 baby carrots, shredded

-Mix well & steam for 30mins.

-Cool completely & cut into small pieces for frying.

-Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...