Thursday, January 22, 2009

B-day Mee Sua

Mum cooked Mee Sua for mi last nite. The mee sua used is the long thick traditional type where signifies longevity. According to chinese custom, this noodle dish is a muz have on birthday & serve with 2 red eggs.

For mi, i'm rather simple. I'm not the type that muz throw a party, have birthday cake & lots of good food to celebrate b-day. As long as i had a simple meal with my family will do.

To make this dish simple, mum replaced red eggs with plain hard-boiled eggs, serve with dry fried style mee sua.Normally for these kinda b-day mee sua, its serve with a thick gravy.If i know mum will be preparing this dish, should have requested the way i wanna it to be earlier. haha....

Hmm..... how can birthday be without presents?!?!I dote on myself & normally i will buy presents for myself on b-days & christmas.Well, for birthday tis yr, i got myself something i've always wanted.Not those luxurious items but something to soothes mi as i've been bz up till my neck recently.

I bought the aroma therapy set with 2 different flavours of essential oil.Isn't it cute? Its in the design of ancient stove cooker.Reason why i choose this design is actually its the nicest looking wan in the shop. haha....

Received several cards & greetings from frens & the teardrop shape black ear-rings is from Adam. He's been working part time while waiting for his O'level results. And in fact this is the 1st gift which he bought wif his 1st salary, its for mi! I'm so touched :D

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EKINA"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...