Wednesday, July 9, 2008

白糖糕 Pak Tong Kao

白糖糕 brings back childhood memories. My mum used to buy them for my breakfast b4 my kindergarden class.Normally when i have the crave, i would juz tell my mum i wan the white white cake. U noe, that was when young, where i dun even noe wat izzit call. haha....

白糖糕 comes in 2 different colour. I would prefer the wans with brown sugar.So does my family. I didnt noe that my grandma loves to eat 白糖糕 until i gave her some.

Ingredients;
280g rice flour
250g brown sugar
600ml water
3 pandan leaves, knotted
1 tsp dried yeast
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp corn oil


Method;
-Add 300ml water to the rice flour and mix well
-Boil sugar with 300ml water, salt and pandan leaves

-When boiling, pour syrup into rice flour mixture, stir well and strain mixture,set aside to cool
-Dissolve 1 tsp yeast in 2 tbsp lukewarm water and add to cooled rice mixture
-Stir well, cover and leave to leaven for 11/2 to 2 hours till small tiny bubbles appear
Grease and preheat a 30 cm round tray in steamer
-Add 1/2 tbsp oil to leavened mixture, stir well and pour into heated tray

-Steam for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...